Passport Submission For Canadian Immigrant Visa
Finally! The long wait is over. We just receive the most awaited Passport Request email aka “the Golden Email” under the federal stage, unexpectedly on May 1, 2018. I say unexpectedly because it was a holiday in the Philippines. It’s time now for our passport submission for Canadian Immigrant visa to VFS Global Manila Via Courier. Unfortunately, offices of VFS Global are only located in Manila and Cebu. So those from far flung areas just like us may submit our passport thru courier unless we will be willing enough to travel that far.
The following are the documents submitted to VFS Global:
- Passport – of the principal applicant as well as of all the accompanying family members. It must be valid for at least 12 months from the date of the PPR email with at least two blank pages.
- Passport Request letter – print out of the email
- Visa Picture –two 50×70 mm photos of the principal and of each accompanying family members taken within the past 6 months. We planned to submit our passport right after we received the PPR email. So even though we haven’t received the PPR email yet, we have our pictures taken on March 3, 2018. For more information on the specifications of the photo please refer to: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf
- Appendix B Form – completed and signed by the principal applicant. Only need to submit one form unless you have more five children you need to fill in 2nd Data of all accompanying member whether accompanying or not should supplied. Info needed are : Name, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, gender, passport number, date of expiry, height and eye color.
- VAC Consent form – we only submitted the 2nd page of the form signed by Fritz since he is the principal applicant. You may view the form here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/philippines/pdf/Philppines_Consonet_form180613.pdf
- Manager’s Check – the payee is VFS Services Phils. PVT. Inc amounting to Php4,464.00. The breakdown of our payment are as follows:
For reference of the Visa Application Center Fees please refer here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Philippines/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
- Contact information – email address, phone number and return address written on a clean sheet of paper.
LBC means Late But Coming?
We submitted the above requirements on May 2, 2018 thru LBC. We chose to send it thru LBC because of their online tracking of the pouch. But if we will do it again, we won’t send it thru LBC. Their online tracking was in vain because it’s not real time. Also, we expect the pouch to be delivered the following day, May 3, 2018 since we send it before their cut off time. But to our dismayed, it was delivered in the afternoon of May 4, 2018. Even it was confirmed by their staff as well as in the airway bill that the delivery date is May 3, 2018. Furthermore, we contacted three LBC branches but they were not as helpful as they should be.
Fast forward, at 5:51 pm of May 4, 2018 we received a SMS message from LBC that our pouch has been delivered. As we check it online it was delivered at 12pm.
We are now almost there with our Canadian Dream. Really it takes enough patience, prayer and faith to endure with this journey. Blessings come in unexpected time. I know without His help we will not reach this far. To Celebrate this wonderful achievement of our family we ended our day at Yakimix General Santos City.
Our Application Timeline
|NBPNP EOI||September 7, 2017|
|NBPNP ITA||October 13, 2017|
|Full Docs Sent||October 18, 2017|
|Docs Received||October 24, 2017|
|NBPNP AOR||October 27, 2017|
|Nomination||December 4, 2017|
|Upfront Medical||December 6, 2017|
|CIC ITA||December 6, 2017|
|CIC Full Application||December 11, 2017|
|CIC AOR||December 11, 2017|
|Medical Passed||January 5, 2018|
|IP2||February 27, 2018|
|Passport Request Letter (PPR)||May 1, 2018|
|Passport Submission||May 2, 2018|
|Visa On Hand||May 10, 2018|
|Landed in New Brunswick||Soon|