Canadian DreamFamily Matters

The Hardest Decision We Have Ever Made

The Hardest Part

It’s been 3 months that we were not able to write anything though there’s a lot of things happening for this past few days. I have a lot of things to catch up on writing about our travels and our journey to Canada. But I would like to prioritize now on one of the hardest decision we have ever made as a family. Letting go of our house.

Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other. Thomas S. Monson

Yes! We have move out from our house on June 29, 2017 . We sell it in order to raise our settlement fund. That’s how serious we are in our plan in migrating to Canada. It’s so hard to let go with our beloved home but we have no choice. Actually we tried to hold it, hoping that we can get in with the AIPP. Since the settlement fund needed under AIPP is way smaller compared to the FSW Express Entry. We waited for almost 3 months but our NOCs are not included with the job fairs under the new program.

Come May 8, 2017, the Nova Scotia Express Entry opened and we were not ready. We don’t have our settlement fund yet. Saskatchewan also opened and still we cannot submit our application for the same reason. So Fritz and I decided that we should let go of our house if we really wanted to pursue our dream on migrating to Canada. For 3 months we already forgo 2 chances of submitting our applications because our documents were not complete.

Moving on, we sold our house. The buyer is also a friend of ours. When we shared our plan on migrating to Canada, he’s the first person who signify his interest on buying our house incase we will put it to list. Actually, he will still let us stay for awhile in our house while working on our papers. But we just decided to move they can do whatever their plans to the house. Also, to cut our connection with the house. Just the thought it’s not ours anymore makes us sad especially for Iya and Blithe. It is the first property that we’ve acquired as a family. It’s where the children grew and it’s the place they call HOME.

The Hardest Decision

It’s Time To Let Go

Iya cried upon knowing that we sold our house and we will move out and so is Blithe. A week after moving out, Fritz and the kids went back to the house to get some things we left. As described by Fritz, his heart was crushed seeing the longingness of the kids and the happiness that they’ve felt as they arrived. They forgot that it’s not our house anymore that they’d even rush to go inside the house, even in the bedroom.

Writing this post makes my heart heavy but I know we didn’t let it go for nothing. I know there’s something better waiting for us in the land of Maple Leaf.

Our Application Timeline

NBPNP EOI September 7, 2017
NBPNP ITA October 13, 2017
Full Docs SentOctober 18, 2017
Docs ReceivedOctober 24, 2017
NBPNP AOROctober 27, 2017
NominationDecember 4, 2017
Upfront MedicalDecember 6, 2017
CIC ITADecember 6, 2017
CIC Full ApplicationDecember 11, 2017
CIC AORDecember 11, 2017
Medical PassedJanuary 5, 2018
IP2February 27, 2018
Passport Request Letter (PPR)May 1, 2018
Passport SubmissionMay 2, 2018
Visa On HandMay 10, 2018
Landed in New BrunswickSoon
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This