Fritz had his IELTS exam thru British Council whil I’m with IDP both in Davao City but in different dates. We will be sharing our experiences but this doesn’t mean that this will be always the case.
1. Payment – British Council accepts credit card while IDP will be thru paypal. You need to load your Paypal first with your credit card before you can pay them.
2. Fee – BC cost Php 9,800 while IDP is Php9,300 (as stated in the OR) but we were chrged Php9,532 in the credit card
3. Pencils – we were instructed to bring three mongol 2 pencils while in British Council they were provided with pencils with their name in it. During the exam, somebody will room around, they will give you another pencil if they found it used up already. Fritz collected three.
4. Venue – I had my speaking test at Marco Polo and the 3 written exams at Royal Mandaya Hotel. Fritz had all his exams at the Grand Regal Hotel.
5. Interviewer – we had only two interviewer, a Filipino and a caucasian. Mine was the Filipino and somewhat strict. During Fritz’ exam they had 3 interviewers. His interviewer was a Filipino Chinese but very nice and motivating.
6. Food – we had Filipino style while Fritz had westernized. They had pizza, burger and cookies.
7. Result – online result both posted online after 13 days. But in British Council we received the hardcopy of the result the following day while in IDP was delivered in the same address after 5 days.
So which do you prefer?
Every examinee has different experiences. You may share yours at the comment box.
Our Application Timeline
|NBPNP EOI||September 7, 2017|
|NBPNP ITA||October 13, 2017|
|Full Docs Sent||October 18, 2017|
|Docs Received||October 24, 2017|
|NBPNP AOR||October 27, 2017|
|Nomination||December 4, 2017|
|Upfront Medical||December 6, 2017|
|CIC ITA||December 6, 2017|
|CIC Full Application||December 11, 2017|
|CIC AOR||December 11, 2017|
|Medical Passed||January 5, 2018|
|IP2||February 27, 2018|
|Visa On Hand||Soon|
|Landed in New Brunswick||Soon|